What is Distance education ?
Distance education, or distance learning, is a field of education that focuses on the pedagogy, technology, and instructional system designs that aim to deliver education to students who are not physically "on site"in a traditional classroom or campus.It has been described as "a process to create and provide access to learning when the source of information and the learners are separated by time and distance, or both." In other words, distance learning is the process of creating an educational experience of equal quality for the learner to best suit their outside the classroom. Distance education courses that require a physical on-site presence for any reason (including taking examinations) is considered a hybrid or blended course of study. This emerging technology is becoming widely used in universities and institutions around the globe. With the recent trend of technological advance, distance learning is becoming more recognized for its potential in providing individualized attention and communication with students internationally.. or A mode of study. Students study off campus using University study materials and are not required to attend regular lectures, tutorials, seminars, laboratory or practical classes but residential schools or other specific attendance's may be prescribed.
In india their are many universities and colleges are providing distance education in india.In india all courses affilated by UGC and DTE .UGC also provided the list of affilated colleges which provided these courses.some of the courses are-:
Distance education in india are spreading very fast.distance education for employees is the best way for higher education.in india their are several distance education universities in india for different degrees,post graduation. Distance MBA in india is also the beneficial offer for the employees.The Open University is a distance learning and research university founded by Royal Charter in the United Kingdom and funded in part by the United Kingdom Government. A British university that is open to people without formal academic qualifications and where teaching is by correspondence or broadcasting or summer school. Today Open Universities open in every country.In India there are several open universities .Their are several other colleges providing different degree courses.
Top Colleges in india
In india their are several degree courses all these courses affilated by UGC nad DTE .UGC give ranking to all colleges and universities which are best or all round in conducting these courses .we are providing some of the best top colleges in india.
Types of distance education in india
- Correspondence conducted through regular and electronic mail
- Internet conducted either synchronously or asynchronously
- Telecourse/Broadcast, in which content is delivered via radio or television
- CD-ROM, in which the student interacts with computer content stored on a CD-ROM
- PocketPC/Mobile Learning where the student accesses course content stored on a mobile device or through a wireless server
- Integrated distance learning, the integration of live, in-group instruction or interaction with a distance learning curriculum
Major benefits of use
Distance education provides major benefits to at least five main markets or categories, such as:
- Expanding access: Distance education can reach underserved populations of students who cannot attend a school that offers the educational services they desire, perhaps because they live too far away.
- Cost reduction: Distance education can turn production of content into a repeatable and durable learning tool that does not require as much infrastructure. As most material can be packaged in an easy to deliver "just-in-time" format, the expanding payroll of educational institutions becomes unnecessary.
- Emerging market opportunities: Distance education fuels the public's need for lifelong learning in education by providing access to learners not in the traditional k-12 age group.
- Adapting to new technology and environments: Educational institutions may adopt distance education as a means to adapt to the rapid changes in technology being used in education today.
- New fund-raising opportunities: Distance education creates new graduates who might be willing to donate money to the school who would have never have been associated with the school under the traditional syste