Catering &Hotel mgmt
Photography And Digital imaging
Although traditionally fashion photography meant shooting models,today the scope has expanded alot and one also needs to shoot products aesthetically to boost advertising campaigns.All this requires a combination of technical skills as well as an eye for detail.
A fashion photograrapher essentially should be a good technician with a sense of colour and balance.He should be criticalof his work in terms of quality.A fashion photographer must constantly teach oneself.He should have patience and have the knack to handle people well.
For a fashion photographer there is no dearth of opportunities in the print and electronic media.He or She can work for different newspaperes,magazines,periodicals,products,agencies ,or do freelance work.
Once you have got a degree,there are a good number of job opportunities.There are many fashion houses in india and abroad wher students can get job as fashion photographers.These jobs intially may not pay well but as students m0ove on their careers,their salaries will also rise.In case a student wishes to start his or her own bussiness,a degree in fashion photography will definitely assist them in setting up their own firm.
salary will vary depending on how much experience a student has in the field of fashion photographyas wellas the university the student has graduate from.
INSTITUTE OFFERING COURSES-:
- National Institute of Fashion Technology.New Delhi(www.nift.ac.in)
- Mass Communication Research Centre,Jamia Millia Islamia,New Delhi(www.ajkmcrc.org)
- NationalInstitute of Design,Ahmedabad(www.nid.edu)
- College of art,University of Delhi,Tilak Marg.New Delhi(www.du.ac.in)
- Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan,Kasturba Gandhi Marg,New Delhi(www.bvbdelhi.org)
- JJ School of art ,Mumbai
- Film and Television Institute of India,Pune(www.ftiindia.com)
- Academy of Photography,Rabindra Bharati University,Kolkata
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,Hyderabad(www.jntu.ac.in)
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology(www.jdinstitute.com)
- NationalInstituite of Photography.Mumbai(http://photoinstitutenip.com/)